The DJI Osmo Action 2 was an upgrade to the previous Action 1 and promised some great features. It was primarily released as a competitor to the famous GoPro Hero 10. Although it was a promising product, it did come with some shortcomings.
Some of the problems in the Action 3 were:
- Overheating problem due to its small size and comparatively powerful processor inside.
- The battery module was not waterproof which makes its use unsuitable in certain conditions
- You cannot charge the main camera unit directly.
- The battery module was expensive if you have to get it separately
- SD card slot is built in the battery module instead of the main unit. The transfer from internal memory takes too long
With these shortcomings, people are looking forward to the next version in the series i-e Osmo Action 3.
As of writing this page, we do not have any credible news of the Action 3 coming but some industry insider speculate that the new Osmo Action 3 might already be in the works and will be released sometime in November 2023 next year.
In the meantime, if you are looking for small cameras to take along your next outdoor adventure, here are some options.
I will keep this page updated as more news comes to the surface for the new DJI Osmo Action 3. Bookmark this page and check every once in a while.